Definition of Donets Basin
1. Noun. An industrial region in the Ukraine.
Generic synonyms: Geographic Area, Geographic Region, Geographical Area, Geographical Region
Group relationships: Ukraine, Ukrayina
Donets Basin Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Donets Basin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Donets Basin
Literary usage of Donets Basin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Industries of Russia by Russia Ministerstvo finansov, John Martin Crawford (1893)
"In this expedition the Donets basin was explored by the French engineer Le Play, ... In this memoire the strata of the Donets basin were for the first time ..."
2. An Almanack for the Year of Our Lord by Joseph Whitaker (1869)
"There arc large deposits of coal and salt in the Donets Basin, of Iron ore in Krivoy Rog and near Kerch in the Crimea, of manganese in Nikopol, ..."
3. The Industries of Russia by Russia Ministerstvo finansov, John Martin Crawford (1893)
"With reference to the richness and the varieties of the coals, the first place of importance must be allotted to the Donets basin, as having all the kinds ..."
4. The Encyclopædia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"... the continuation of the line eastwards from Lemberg to Kiev; a network bringing the coalfield of the Donets basin into connexion with ports on the Sea ..."
5. Europe by George Goudie Chisholm (1899)
"Besides the basin just referred to nort of the Sea of Azov, known as the Donets basin, from the fact ..."