Definition of Daubentonia
1. Noun. Type genus; coextensive with the family Daubentoniidae.
Generic synonyms: Mammal Genus
Group relationships: Daubentoniidae, Family Daubentoniidae
Member holonyms: Aye-aye, Daubentonia Madagascariensis
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Daubentonia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Daubentonia
Literary usage of Daubentonia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Memoirs by American Academy of Arts and Sciences, Southern California Academy of Sciences, New York Academy of Sciences (1855)
"On the latter account I provisionally place the species in Daubentonia ; although the calyx differs widely from the known species of that genus. ..."
2. Plant Life of Alabama: An Account of the Distribution, Modes of Association by Charles Theodore Mohr (1901)
"1807. WEST INDIES. Л fugitivo with ballast, Mobile. Observed once only in October; killed by frost before seeds ripened. Herb. Geol. Surv. Daubentonia DC. ..."
3. Lessons with Plants: Suggestions for Seeing and Interpreting Some of the by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1907)
"Four-sided and tardily-dehiscent legumes of daubentonia. that it is commonly ... Observe the honey locust, clover, peanut; also the daubentonia, in Fig. ..."
4. An Introduction to the Mammalian Dentition by Thomas Wingate Todd (1918)
"aye, Daubentonia madagascariensis (Fig. 38) a peculiar and little known creature ... Dentition of Aye-aye (Daubentonia madagascariensis, Gmelin; 9.815-1). ..."