Definition of Conuropsis
1. Noun. A genus of Psittacidae.
Generic synonyms: Bird Genus
Group relationships: Family Psittacidae, Psittacidae
Member holonyms: Carolina Parakeet, Conuropsis Carolinensis
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Conuropsis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Conuropsis
Literary usage of Conuropsis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum by Richard Bowdler Sharpe, British Museum (Natural History). Dept. of Zoology (1891)
"Salvin-Godman Coll. 7. Conuropsis. _ Conuropsis, Salvad. MS. ... Conuropsis carolinensis. Caroline Parrot, Catesby, Nat. Hist, of Carol, pi. ..."
2. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1917)
"... since the gender of the subspecific name should conform to that of the genus. Conuropsis carolinensis interior Bangs becomes Conuropsis caro ..."
3. Our Vanishing Wild Life: Its Extermination and Preservation by William Temple Hornaday (1913)
"THE CAROLINA PARRAKEET,—Conuropsis carolinensis, (Linn.), brings us down to the present moment. To this charming little green-and- yellow bird, ..."
4. Michigan Bird Life: A List of All the Bird Species Known to Occur in the by Walter Bradford Barrows (1912)
"Conuropsis carolinensis (Linn.). (382) Synonyms: Parrakeet, Carolina Parrakeet, Carolina Parrot, Illinois Parrot, Orange- headed Parrot. ..."
5. Stuffing Birds, Pressing Plants, Shaping Knowledge: natural history in North ...by Sue Ann Prince by Sue Ann Prince (2003)
"Carolina Parakeet (Conuropsis carolinensis) ("Carolina Parrot"). Date of collection unknown. MCZ Belted Kingfisher (Ceryle alcyon). nd Graphite, ..."