Definition of Aster shortii
1. Noun. Perennial of southeastern United States having usually blue flowers.
Aster Shortii Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Aster Shortii Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Aster Shortii
Literary usage of Aster shortii
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1902)
"SO.V SHULL. CONTENTS. pAf;E I. Introduction Ill II. Material _ 112 III. Methods and Precautions _ 114 IV. Results 115 Aster shortii Hook 115 Aster ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1902)
"GEORGE H. SHULL : ' Variations in Several Species of Aster. ' Counts were made of bracts, rays and disk florets in Aster shortii Hook., ..."
3. Entomological News and Proceedings of the Entomological Section of the by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Entomological Section (1921)
"Type ( 9 ) and eleven paratypes reared from larvae mining seeds of Aster shortii, eleven reared from Aster cordifolius, twenty from Solidago caeria and ..."
4. Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club by Torrey Botanical Club (1894)
"Aster shortii Lindi. ; Hook. FI. Bor. Am. 2 : 9 (1834). 3956. Aster spectabilis Ait. Hort. Kew. 3: 209 (1789). 3957. Aster subulatus Michx. Fl. Bor. ..."
5. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington by Biological Society of Washington (1893)
"428 Aster shortii Hook. A mile above Aqueduct Bridge, on the shore of the Potomac, near Spout Run; in flower in the last week of October. ES Burgees. ..."